Our aim is to provide flexibility, allowing you to buy into as much – or as little – of our expertise as you need, when you need it.
Whether you need us to represent you fully or simply need advice to prepare documentation, we can help.
We are happy to offer new clients a free telephone consultation (with the exception of mediation – see below), and we have developed a flexible and transparent fee structure that gives clients two options: a loyalty reward hourly rate contract and a pay as you go service.
Loyalty reward hourly rate contract
Many clients need our help with their case from start to finish and instruct us to represent them fully. This means that we handle everything for them, and they benefit from our hourly rate contract where we charge for the amount of time spent working on their case.
The current hourly rate for all of our solicitors is between £220 and £250 per hour plus VAT depending on work type..We charge legal assistants at between £100 to £145 per hour plus VAT, and Trainee Solicitors at £150 plus VAT per hour.
We bill in regular instalments and reward clients by offering a 5% discount after their first bill, when each subsequent bill is paid on time (within 14 days). Alternatively, subject to your circumstances, we can agree a monthly payment plan in which interest is charged at 8% on outstanding balances.
Pay as you go service
For clients who are comfortable representing themselves, we offer a pay as you go service. Simply choose from the menu of services below, and pay on the day for the advice or assistance you receive. With this service, we do not go on the court record as acting on your behalf, and we don’t engage in correspondence with anyone else on your behalf.
Our pay as you go options are as follows:
- 30-minute appointment and follow-up letter - £120 plus VAT
- 60-minute appointment and follow-up letter - £220 plus VAT
- Preparation of application - £150 plus VAT
- Preparation of statement - £200 plus VAT per statement
- Attendance at Directions appointment - £500 plus VAT (depending on location)
- Attendance at other hearings - £1250 per day plus VAT
Financial matters on divorce
- Preparation of Form E - £400 plus VAT
- Preparation of First Appointment documentation - £350 plus VAT
- Attending First Appointment - £500 plus VAT
- Attending Financial Dispute Resolution Appointment - £1000 plus VAT
- Preparation of consent order £450 plus VAT
- Preparation of documentation not specified below – price to be agreed
- Draft letter of instruction to expert - £100 plus VAT
- Preparation of Court Ordered bundles - £400 plus VAT (to include 4 bundles and Index)
- Preparation of petition and supporting documents - £200 plus VAT
- Preparation of application for directions for trial & statement in support - £100 plus VAT
- From £500 plus VAT
Change of Name Deeds
- £100 plus vat
Our rates for mediation are as follows:
- Children-only mediations - £650 plus VAT per person
- Property and Finance only mediations - £750 plus VAT per person
- All-issues mediation (children, property and finance) - £800 plus VAT per person
All of the above prices include two mediation sessions plus all the associated paperwork. Additional sessions are charged at £250 plus VAT per person, per session.
- MIAM (Mediation Information and Assessment Meetings) - £100 plus VAT per person.
- MIAM appointments are required for anyone wishing to consider mediation.
Legal Aid is also available for mediation clients, only where financially eligible (not for legal clients). If you are eligible for Legal Aid and bring all the necessary proof of income and outgoings with you, then there will be no charge for either the MIAMs appointment or the ongoing mediation. If you are not eligible for Legal Aid, but your former partner is eligible, your MIAMs appointment may also be free along with the cost of the first mediation session (but not the costs of the paperwork which is charged at £100 plus vat to the none legally aided party). In these cases second and subsequent mediation sessions are charged at £250 plus vat per session to the none legally aided party only.
Collaborative Law is charged at our normal hourly rate of £220 to £250 plus vat.
Our charges for Clare Thornton to act as the Arbitrator in a case are based on an hourly rate of £250 plus vat. This is generally shared between the parties so each pays £125 plus vat per hour. Fixed fees may be available on a case by case basis and enquiries should be directed to Clare Thornton if necessary.
Wills, probate, trusts and Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)
- From £125 plus VAT for basic wills.
- From £150 plus vat for wills including basic trusts.
- It may be appropriate to also sever the tenancy of your property, in which case there is a charge of £50 plus VAT and a £6.00 land registry search fee.
- Single Asset Protection Wills and Notice of Severance start at £300 plus vat and £3 Office copies.
- Basic Mirror Wills from £250 plus vat
- Mirror Wills with Asset Protection start at £450 plus vat and £3 office copies
- Discretionary Trust Wills - please discuss with Liz Fyfe or Stuart Knox.
Trusts, probate and estate administration
We charge for the time spent working on your case based on the following hourly rates:
- Solicitors - £220 to £250 per hour plus VAT
- Legal assistants - £100 to £145 per hour plus VAT
- Trainee solicitors - £150 plus vat
Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)
We can help prepare your Lasting Power of Attorney in relation to property and finance and also personal welfare. Our prices are £350 plus VAT for one Lasting Power of Attorney, or £500 plus VAT for both. There are additional fees payable to the Office of the Public Guardian for registration of the documents (currently £110 per LPA).
We do offer discounts for clients who make Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney at the same time. Please call Liz Fyfe or Stuart Knox to discuss.